Oil & Gas 101
Resources and primers to help people start learning about oil and gas emissions and related air quality management issues. The content is geared toward professionals
in state, local, and tribal environmental agencies who want to learn about regulations and reporting for oil and gas emissions.
- Emissions from Oil & Gas operations
Interstate Technology & Regulatory Council document to assist regulatory staff, technology developers and vendors, oil and gas producers, transmission companies,
distribution utilities, and others evaluate new methane detection technologies. (Sept. 28, 2018)
Pressurized Hydrocarbon Liquids Sampling and Analysis Study Data Assessment and Analysis Report (February 7, 2018). Southern Petroleum Laboratories, Inc., Houston, TX.
Sponsored by Noble Energy, Inc. Denver, CO.
RFF webinar "What Research Says on Key Fracking Debate Issues". There are a series of 6 issue briefs covering climate change, health, earthquakes, water quality, local
governments, and the economy. (April 25, 2018)
- Virtual tour by Brian Bohlmann (Emissions Inventory Supervisor, WY Department of Environmental Quality, Air Quality Division) and Colleagues on upstream Oil and Gas activity
in two Wyoming Oil and Gas development regions. The webinar was hosted by the WRAP on November 5, 2013. The original announcement on the WRAP website
can be found here. Links to webinar materials on the WRAP website
- Reports on unconventional gas development in the UK The UK reports include case studies and examples from U.S. operations.
- How can States use Oil and Gas emissions inventories
- Resources and tools to develop regional emissions inventories
- Oil and Gas emissions regulations and policy
Comment section for Planners to describe how they develop emissions inventories for their regions
- An Overview of Air Quality Issues in Natural Gas Systems; Richard K. Lattanzio; Congressional Research Service; June 1, 2016; R42986
Congressional Research Service_R42986_Jun2016.pdf
- Natural Gas STAR Program - The Natural Gas STAR Program provides
a framework for Partner companies with U.S. oil and gas operations to implement
methane reducing technologies and practices and document their voluntary emission reduction activities.
EPA STAR website